I haven't been feeling myself lately. I feel a kind of emptiness within me. It has been somewhat gradual, or perhaps I have just gradually become aware of it. I think my greatest fear in life is to lose sight of the purpose I live, and this is a real fear because it can become true when I misplace my hope and purpose in the things of the world, and not in the things of God.
God has exposed to me my sinful heart again lately, and I have had to come to terms with how innately selfish I am, how innately insecure I am. It's always easy to look and point out other peoples' problems but my own, it's much easier to deceive myself into thinking that it doesn't exist. I am thankful for this exposure, even though it is so painful and difficult. Help me Lord, for I am helpless. Help me to live for you and not for myself. Have your way in me. Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment