Wednesday, 25 July 2018

On the centrality of the Cross.

I had attended my first ever MYC last week! It was so unique and new to me as a camp/conference, in terms of it's span (5D4N) and the scope of activities involved (bible talks daily, review groups, time for personal QT and free time!). It's a camp like I've never experienced before.

Almost everyone was new to me as I was not involved in ES during my time at Adelaide, but they were all so friendly and there were hardly any barriers because we were all fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I really enjoyed the fellowship and community experienced at MYC, and I wish it for other groups that I'm involved in, God willing.

The theme was The Cross of Christ and focused on the centrality of the Cross in Christian lives - what it means etc. From it I really got a better understanding of what the cross means and what it achieves, and what it means for us today and spurred me on to think about how I should be living in response to that. The first few talks were quite knowledge-focused, and I struggled to apply what I was consuming, but it all culminated in the last few talks where there was a greater emphasis on practical application. I've been really encouraged to be more proactive in sharing my faith with others, after having gained a better understanding of it and having my heart flooded with His great love for us once again. How could I not share it?

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Phil 1:6)

This verse rings true for me, because what I've been encouraged to do through MYC ties in with the evangelism training I signed up for in church. Alongside these, I've been praying (sometimes with bated breaths) for opportunities for me to apply what I've been learning and to really evangelise and share my faith! This prayer was answered last Sunday when Arthur came up to me and told me that he had talked to Simon about wanting to run a course of JesusWORKS at Dig time on Wednesdays, and Simon thought of Dinesh and I to be leading groups for these! God hears and has definitely answered! While thoughts about commitment levels and my mum cautioning me with what I should do/not do came rather quickly, I knew in my heart that this was an answer to what I've been praying for, and there is peace in accepting it, although I've just learnt the JesusWORKS structure. It has been awhile since I have experienced God's response to quickly and so clearly, and I couldn't be more thankful to know that He gently reminds me that He's always there and wants to use me for His work!

So, in response to all these events, I want to make a mid-year (sorta) resolution to be more outward looking in my faith as a Christian, in that I not only look to my own spiritual growth, but also have the desire to want to share this good thing that I have, with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment