The past 5 days have been one hell of exam marathon. I'm glad to say I wrote 7 essays in 3 or so hours yesterday. Yes, the literature papers have definitely made its mark on my hand (it hurts). Lit (Favourite subject k) was not a walk in the park. It was more like a sprint through the freakin forest. I guess I expected it to be notch easier than my school's prelims, since this is was for most of the other subjects. But I guess it wasn't entirely for lit. There were struggles in both papers. In the second paper, I had all my points but I'm guessing now some of them were irrelevant to the question. However, I had this really good point, and it was indeed quite a complicated point. I wrote a paragraph and had to cancel it later because I realized I didn't make sense. I wrote another point before returning to that one. After writing the part I was clear about, I put down my pen and said a quick prayer, asking Him to guide me in my explanation. Guess what, it worked! God is truly awesome.
I'm so glad I made it through this crazy hectic week, with my saturated brain still functioning. O's are finally coming to an end! (I've been waiting all year to say this)
Although exams are ending, my time in this school is also ending. I can't help but feel melancholy everytime the day ends, and I'm about to leave the school, because a few more times of that would be my actual and final time leaving the school, as a student, of course. Suddenly, ten years doesn't seem so long. This school has given me so much, other than the bs that happens every once in while, this school has been the other regular place I've been going to almost everyday, other than my home. I could say its my second home, and for the past ten years, I've had countless 'sisters' and 'parents'.
I'm definitely going to miss the staff here, most of them at least. Through the years, when my seniors graduated, they've always said there isn't another school in singapore with a group of teaching staff as good, as passionate about teaching, as caring as the one I currently have.
It's Saturday today, and I'm not going to school. Feels weird, honestly speaking. Feels weird not studying. I don't know what to do with my newfound freedom. I will not and shall let it go to waste. 19 days till my momma returns, it's been too long ☹☹
No comments:
Post a Comment