Saturday, 27 January 2018

"Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you." - Joshua 1:5
Such is the promise of God that comforts my anxious soul.

Having led alongside David for a year and learning so much from him, I often worry about what I would do without him. I have fallen into the same thinking that Joshua had, in blending God and the God of Moses together, so much so that they both appeared together in his mind by association. When Moses died, Joshua was full of despair until the Lord assured him. Praise God! He speaks!

Just as the Lord had been with David in his leadership of the group, he will be with me. I am sorry Lord for associating you in my mind with the God of David, I ask for your forgiveness. May I truly know you as my God, and also rest in your assurance given in Joshua 1:5.

No comments:

Post a Comment