It's almost always the end of the holidays where I usually have the most fun and meaningful time. That's a sucker because it makes me want it to be prolonged but then there are many other days at the start of it where I was bored out of my wits with nothing to do, wishing school would reopen sooner.
I just had the most eventful weekend of my 7 week semester break.
I always enjoy spending meaningful time with others, with emphasis on meaningful. There's spending time with people on a superficial level and then there's spending time with people on a deeper level. The superficial level is usually very light-hearted, run-on-the-mill hang outs where people just get together for the sake of being with others. (i don't mean to generalize but i feel that this is one of the biggest reasons for these kinds of socializing). I enjoy it sometimes, when I just don't want to be alone and want to be around people instead. I don't even need to know them (well) to spend time with them; their physical presence around me and/or maybe some small talk suffices. These kinds of time spent together will not result in stronger friendships or anything like that, it's just another way to feel good. Another reason I can currently think of, of why people even spend their time this way is because they just want to feel they belong to somewhere/someone. We can go to a party we don't really want to go to, just because we don't want to miss out on those few hours those few people spent together; you want it to be shared with you so you can have that piece of memory of that time with that bunch. I can't say I haven't done that, I have, and during the process of it, I couldn't feel completely comfortable with the whole group which really isn't a nice feeling at all.
The meaningful time spent with another person usually involves that of sharing thoughts and views, discussing them and sometimes even just looking back at an event in the past. In comparison, it's much more intimate, much more special, I would say. It is feeling comfortable in your own skin with another person. Personally I feel like this is more easily accomplished with just one other, or a small group at most. I prefer this as it deepens relationships and helps you widen your perspectives on certain things, and learn more about other people. It's not always easy to reach that level of intimacy with other people, and sometimes it may even be impossible, but I try to have it with certain individuals I value in my life. It reassures me that I've got them to turn to, and I also hope to give them the same reassurance and trust that they can put in me. It's that simple intimacy that lets you know you that you fit right in.
As semester two kicks off, I continue to hope that I will be able to get along with most of the people that come into my way, and that they will be good for me and my walk with God. I also hope that I will be able to spend more quality time with God, just as I hope to do with the people I love.
No comments:
Post a Comment