Wednesday, 20 March 2013

First Taste

I just spent the past 6 days home alone. Like, completely alone, with the exception of three furry friends.

It was my first time being home alone. I was quite disorientated at first because I didn't know how the system worked, and there were so many things to do! However, I quickly got over it, and got down to doing housework and chores. I now fully understand why people complain about them. They aren't the most exciting things to do around the house.

Cooking my own meals was... interesting. I basically experimented with my meals and thank God I'm still well and alive right now. I didn't go all out, for fear of burning down the kitchen, so I kept things simple and cooked in my medium-sized non-stick pan instead of the intimidatingly large wok. I cooked my vegetables in the microwave because there's a timer and everything. Really helps with the multi-tasking.

I guess this experience was a good one, in that I really had a feel as to how things would go if I were to move out of my parent's, and all the comforts I take for granted here. I shall take them for granted no more!

No comments:

Post a Comment