For a long time, I've been feeling like I'm this island, and there is much unexplored territory that I've yet to discover about myself. I may look beautiful from far away, but when you actually step onto the ground, you'll realize it isn't as perfect as it was from over there. Everything is perfect from far away. I'm beginning to accept my imperfections, and I hope that the people around me will follow my lead, and accept me for everything I am, and everything I'm not.
2012 was one helluva year for me, but I'm glad I went through it, because it has decreased the amount of "unexplored territory" about the island that is me. It's made me stronger, if anything. This new year will be a different one, and it's really so difficult to measure a year's goodness, because there are just so many things to take into consideration, and for the most part, I think the good times and bad weigh each other out, and everything is relative. For example, the O levels, which was a pain to study for, bonded me with people I'm happy to call my friends. Blessing in disguise? Call it what you want. I just feel that everything happens in relativity to each other.
God only knows what challenges lie ahead for me this year, but my trust in Him is strong, and I'm leaving everything in His hands, and He has been good to me (so far). Hiccups will happen along the way, but I will seek Him for comfort and recover quickly. My hopes for this year is that I'd grow to be more mature in both my thinking and way of life, and also stronger in my spiritual faith. I hope to be able to meet new people that would be good influences to me, and that I will be able to strengthen the friendships I already have. Also, I hope to work out more regularly, because I've been trying, but it hasn't been sticking. But here's to trying again, and here's to a fruitful and meaningful year ahead. Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment