Sunday, 6 January 2013

Being frugal without being cheap

Since I'm still in the mood for New Year's resolutions, this post shall be another elaborate plan on how I'd like my 2013 to turn out.

I got my first ever job last December. Eye-opener, mind-opener. I've got quite an amount now, and this is the point in my life where budgeting becomes more important than it has ever been before. For two reasons. One, because this is the largest amount of money I've ever had to deal with, and two, I've worked for this amount. The things you work for for yourself seems so much more meaningful and valuable than the things that others give to you. Yes, it changes the value of money.

I was just thinking about how I should divide my pay between God, Savings and Spending. Then, a sermon I attended a few weeks ago seemed to come back into my mind. It was one on how we should divide our money, and how much. God works in  amazing ways, and this is just one of them. I don't remember the entire sermon, but it is apparent that I have copied down some notes. High-five to past me for not being lazy that Saturday night.

Another quest I'd like to embark on this year is to be more frugal, without being cheap, because I have standards. There is a huge difference between being frugal, and being cheap. I'd like to learn the former. Time to make wise choices, and be patient for sales. I hope I succeed in this resolution because my pocket would be happy at the end of the year, and so would I.

No comments:

Post a Comment