The trials that transformed me
This year has truly been a magnificent year for my spiritual life. I have never been this close to God before, I don't think, and I am ever grateful for the grace bestowed upon me from above. What did I do to deserve this, I often ask. But the fact of the matter is that I did not and could not have done anything! This is purely by grace alone.
Last week during bible study, we played a game where we asked each other a question from here. The question I got asked was "What's the best and worst thing about getting older?". In that moment, a quick answer was needed, and so I said something along the lines of enjoying greater independence, and time being an enforcer of the mission I have on earth (albeit less profoundly than this). I've been thinking about the question more and more, also because many of my bible study members shared that they've grown to be come independent in the course of this 6-months/ 1 year abroad. I think while independence from our parents could be a good thing, we should also be growing in our dependence on God even more so. Sojourners of the earth we are, but God walks with us where no man will. In retrospect, I feel like I have grown in my dependence on Him this year, while trying to grow independent from my parents/family, but this dependence is not full, due to my own pride, but God has been good - He's given me trials that allow me to depend on Him alone, and for that I am thankful. Prune me, O Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment