Friday, 8 June 2012

Society

Update: I'm sick with a fever and a drippy nose. It's almost as if I fall sick once every month. Not good, not good at all.

Anyway, I've always been intrigued by how society behaves, how it can change the way people think and do. People are so influenced by society, simply because we are part of it. If a small minority of people had Facebook, I don't think I'd be having an account on that ever-changing social platform either, because it'd be considered "lame". Of late, there's been an influx of sex scandals, bad behavior and accidents in the news, which, many of these articles, have gone viral. Take for example, the latest video I watched about a singaporean man who pushed an elderly lady off the public bus. Another source states that he's socially awkward and acted out of anger. Honestly, I don't blame the man. Given his conditions, it isn't entirely his fault. Don't get me wrong though, what he did was wrong. But, from his perspective, he probably wasn't able to control his emotions, which then led to his outburst of action.

Sometimes, people act the way they do because of how they were brought up/ taught. Their actions and words often leave this question lingering in people's minds: why do such people exist.... Well, I, too ask myself that question a lot. With family member(s). I think after years of thinking too much, my thoughts and wishes are kinda warped, but I don't tell anyone my deepest thoughts because they will probably judge me for harbouring such thoughts in my very, very, complex mind. And I am painfully aware that I have trust issues, God knows what triggered those. I'm constantly having inner conflicts with myself, and this too, I don't tell many people. There are a lot of things that I keep to myself, and I don't really know what impression I normally give people, but I think that I'd probably give a better one if i actually shared my views, thoughts and opinions.


I don't know what effect these inner conflicts will have on me later in life, but i'll probably be oblivious to them, like all weak female characters are in those type of shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment